Malwarebytes screwed by Forum software vendor Invision Power
David H. Lipman
2016-03-20 13:10:05 UTC
Malwarebytes recently upgraded their forum software by Invision Power
and they failed to fully test it before they implemented it. They
performed the upgrade on March 15 and the forum software sucks.
It does not allow forum members and employees to do what they have been
doing for years and thus they've been screwed by Invision Power. It is
one on the worst Forum software out there. It wasn't an upgrade, it was
a downgrade. The Editor is hobbled and crippled and no longer has a
"BBCode Mode" toggle and it makes posting complex text difficult to
format.

There are so many "I can't do this..." it's pathetic and in Invision
Power's corporate arrogance just tells them this is the way it is, deal
with it.
--
Dave
http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp
Virus Guy
2016-03-20 13:49:51 UTC
Post by David H. Lipman
The Editor is hobbled and crippled and no longer has a
"BBCode Mode" toggle and it makes posting complex text difficult to
format.
I think I've read about the same BBCode thing on the MSFN.org forum
site. The forum software changed about a week ago on that site - is
this the same Invision Power issue? I think there were some negative
reactions to the change there as well.
David H. Lipman
2016-03-20 14:34:19 UTC
Post by Virus Guy
Post by David H. Lipman
The Editor is hobbled and crippled and no longer has a
"BBCode Mode" toggle and it makes posting complex text difficult to
format.
I think I've read about the same BBCode thing on the MSFN.org forum
site. The forum software changed about a week ago on that site - is
this the same Invision Power issue? I think there were some negative
reactions to the change there as well.
Yes they too running the Invision software for their forum as well.
Diesel
2016-03-20 20:06:14 UTC
Post by David H. Lipman
Malwarebytes recently upgraded their forum software by Invision
Power and they failed to fully test it before they implemented it.
That's Malwarebytes fault then. Much like the holes in their software.
Their testing methodology as you well know, sucks donkey dick.
Post by David H. Lipman
There are so many "I can't do this..." it's pathetic and in
Invision Power's corporate arrogance just tells them this is the
way it is, deal with it.
No worse than the arrogance Malwarebytes has demonstrated these past
few years.
--
MID: <nb7u27$crn$***@boaterdave.dont-email.me>
zip file but then not be able to unzip it so I can watch it. That