WavePad (NCH Software) <== spyware/malware/virus/trojan
John Doe
2010-03-02 07:39:01 UTC
Just downloaded a wave file editor from this website

www.nch.com.au/wavepad/

I ran the file and, before any interaction with the setup program, I
thought better of it and shut the setup program down. Without asking,
it changed many of my file associations. And it stole my e-mail
address and tried to send it over the Internet. It might have done
other stuff, I dunno.

Again, thanks to my firewall ZoneAlarm for preventing that spyware,
malware, virus, trojan, and whatever else that piece of shit WavePad
(NCH Software) might be from getting away with it.
Buffalo
2010-03-03 22:52:17 UTC
Post by John Doe
Just downloaded a wave file editor from this website
www.n
I ran the file and, before any interaction with the setup program, I
thought better of it and shut the setup program down. Without asking,
it changed many of my file associations. And it stole my e-mail
address and tried to send it over the Internet. It might have done
other stuff, I dunno.
Again, thanks to my firewall ZoneAlarm for preventing that spyware,
malware, virus, trojan, and whatever else that piece of shit WavePad
(NCH Software) might be from getting away with it.hg
Wow, I wonder how many people clicked on that website link before they
realized what they were doing.
I you are going to put a malware link in your post, be sure to muck it up
some so that someone cannot just click on it and have it work. Geez!
Buffalo
Buffalo
BTW, you never mentioned how ZA helped, did you !
John Doe
2010-03-04 04:04:45 UTC
Post by Buffalo
Post by Buffalo
Post by John Doe
[...]
Go fuck yourself, Buffy.
From: "Buffalo" <Eric nada.com.invalid>
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.spyware
Subject: Re: WavePad (NCH Software) <== spyware/malware/virus/trojan
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 15:53:47 -0700
Post by Buffalo
Post by Buffalo
Post by John Doe
[...]
Hi Buffalo,

The answer is none. All you need to do is perform a Google search for
"WavePad Awards" and you will be exposed to hundreds of software sites
that have found no viruses, trojans, or malware, given positive
reviews of WavePad, and find WavePad to be more popular than other
software in it's class. Think about it...non of these sites would
accept our software submissions, nor would they give us positive
reviews, nor would they give us software awards if there were validity
to Mr. 'John Doe's' claims. It is possible that it could be a
different problem.
Garth
2010-03-16 18:40:50 UTC
Post by John Doe
Just downloaded a wave file editor from this website
www.nch.com.au/wavepad/
I ran the file and, before any interaction with the setup program, I
thought better of it and shut the setup program down. Without asking,
it changed many of my file associations. And it stole my e-mail
address and tried to send it over the Internet. It might have done
other stuff, I dunno.
Again, thanks to my firewall ZoneAlarm for preventing that spyware,
malware, virus, trojan, and whatever else that piece of shit WavePad
(NCH Software) might be from getting away with it.
Hi John,

It just might make sense to do a little bit of research before
developing 'diarrhea of the mouth'. All you would have to do is
perform a simple Google search for "WavePad Awards" and you will be
exposed to hundreds of software sites that have found no viruses,
trojans, or malware, given positive reviews of WavePad, and find the
software to be more popular than other software in it's class. If what
you have said has any truth to it, non of these sites would accept our
d***@gmail.com
Nch Filled my pc with unremovable programs that interfered with others. Poor form. Beware nch software
n***@gmail.com
2015-12-14 23:10:27 UTC
Post by d***@gmail.com
Post by John Doe
Just downloaded a wave file editor from this website
www.nch.com.au/wavepad/
I ran the file and, before any interaction with the setup program, I
thought better of it and shut the setup program down. Without asking,
it changed many of my file associations. And it stole my e-mail
address and tried to send it over the Internet. It might have done
other stuff, I dunno.
Again, thanks to my firewall ZoneAlarm for preventing that spyware,
malware, virus, trojan, and whatever else that piece of shit WavePad
(NCH Software) might be from getting away with it.
Nch Filled my pc with unremovable programs that interfered with others. Poor form. Beware nch software
I can attest that at least one piece of software by NCH has caused major problems for me. Launching GoToMeeting caused my entire audio driver to crash without explanation, which led to my computer behaving erratically until reboot. I had to uninstall programs one at a time until finding out that the culprit was NCH. The problem occurred even when the NCH software was not running.

I am waiting for a refund from NCH but I don't have my hopes up for that.
Shadow
2015-12-15 01:06:10 UTC
Post by n***@gmail.com
Post by d***@gmail.com
Post by John Doe
[...]
I think you are replying to an old post. That said, NHC did
indeed bundle Google malware until July 6th 2015.
It is now marked clean by all AVs.
(Not that I have ever installed anything NHC - I'd wait a year
or so and see if they continue with the no-malware policy if you
really need one of their products).
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012
Diesel
2015-12-20 02:53:39 UTC
Post by Shadow
Post by n***@gmail.com
Post by d***@gmail.com
Post by John Doe
[...]
I've used some of their software in the past. Still have it
installed..I've no complaints. The software has performed as
advertised for me. YMMV.
--
You do realize...If this place were an airplane -
it would have been grounded or shot down. Right?