Malwarebytes free?
louise
2009-02-26 22:41:15 UTC
I'm looking to download the free version of malwarebytes and
I can't find it on their site.

Is it still being offered and if so, where might I locate it?

Thanks.

Louise
FredW
2009-02-26 22:49:48 UTC
Post by louise
I'm looking to download the free version of malwarebytes and
I can't find it on their site.
Is it still being offered and if so, where might I locate it?
http://www.malwarebytes.org/
http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php
Use the blue download button
(I just checked)

or
http://www.majorgeeks.com/Malwarebytes_Anti-Malware_d5756.html
the limited version is free for personal use.
the full version is payware and is recommended.
Fred W. (NL)
Kayman
2009-02-26 23:34:47 UTC
Post by louise
I'm looking to download the free version of malwarebytes and
I can't find it on their site.
Is it still being offered and if so, where might I locate it?
Malwarebytes© Corporation - Anti-Malware
Direct:
1PW
2009-02-27 01:40:05 UTC
Post by Kayman
Post by louise
I'm looking to download the free version of malwarebytes and
I can't find it on their site.
Is it still being offered and if so, where might I locate it?
Malwarebytes© Corporation - Anti-Malware
Hello Kayman:

As helpful and sincere as you are obviously being, I'm under the
impression that direct links should be avoided in an effort to stem the
proliferation of malware. Maybe this is an exception to that
suggestion. However, if the OP can't find the free MBAM maybe they're
going to have more trouble and need assisted help. FWIW.

My apologies to Louise and you if this seems harsh.

Warm regards,

Pete
1PW @?6A62?FEH9:DE=6o2@=]4@> [r4o7t]
Lil' Abner
2009-02-28 18:47:45 UTC
Post by 1PW
Post by Kayman
Post by louise
I'm looking to download the free version of malwarebytes and
I can't find it on their site.
Is it still being offered and if so, where might I locate it?
Malwarebytes© Corporation - Anti-Malware
As helpful and sincere as you are obviously being, I'm under the
impression that direct links should be avoided in an effort to stem the
proliferation of malware. Maybe this is an exception to that
suggestion. However, if the OP can't find the free MBAM maybe they're
going to have more trouble and need assisted help. FWIW.
I believe the problem is that on the Malwarebytes site they now offer the
"trial" version or the paid version which would lead most people to believe
that the "trial" version is time limited or crippled in some way. Actually
the trial version is the free version.
--- Where did my libigo? ---
Buffalo
2009-02-28 22:19:00 UTC
Post by Lil' Abner
Post by 1PW
http://www.malwarebytes.org[snip]
As helpful and sincere as you are obviously being, I'm under the
impression that direct links should be avoided in an effort to stem
the proliferation of malware. Maybe this is an exception to that
suggestion. However, if the OP can't find the free MBAM maybe
they're going to have more trouble and need assisted help. FWIW.
I believe the problem is that on the Malwarebytes site they now offer
the "trial" version or the paid version which would lead most people
to believe that the "trial" version is time limited or crippled in
some way. Actually the trial version is the free version.
One dl button says Download /free trial version and it is Blue.
And one dl button says Buy Now/ full version and it is Green.
Yes, it does confuse with the 'trial' word stuck in there.
Hmmm, I wonder if they are planning to discontinue the free version in the
near future?
FredW
2009-03-01 00:15:17 UTC
Post by Buffalo
Post by Lil' Abner
I believe the problem is that on the Malwarebytes site they now offer
the "trial" version or the paid version which would lead most people
to believe that the "trial" version is time limited or crippled in
some way. Actually the trial version is the free version.
One dl button says Download /free trial version and it is Blue.
And one dl button says Buy Now/ full version and it is Green.
Yes, it does confuse with the 'trial' word stuck in there.
Hmmm, I wonder if they are planning to discontinue the free version in the
near future?
We had the same discussion in alt.comp.freeware some time ago.
The way Malwarebytes present MBAM is somewhat obscure to many people.
It improved a little bit to make more clear that there is also a "free"
version, but now we are back to the old situation.
As far as I understand there are no plans to skip the free version.
Fred W. (NL)
Dustin Cook
2009-03-01 20:02:16 UTC
Post by Buffalo
Post by Lil' Abner
Post by 1PW
Post by Kayman
Post by louise
[...]
No sir, by no means are we planning to do anything of the sort. We
encourage and welcome people to download the free version and share it
amongst people they know. If you like the program and would like to use
it's resident protection for real time defense, then your obviously
encouraged to purchase it. Even if you don't decide to buy it, we'd
rather you keep the free copy to keep your computer safer. It helps you,
and it helps the net as a whole by reducing the number of botted and/or
zombie controlled computers.
--
Regards,
Dustin Cook
MalwareBytes - http://www.malwarebytes.org
Dustin Cook
2009-03-01 20:00:22 UTC
Post by Lil' Abner
Post by 1PW
Post by Kayman
Post by louise
I'm looking to download the free version of malwarebytes and
I can't find it on their site.
Is it still being offered and if so, where might I locate it?
Malwarebytes© Corporation - Anti-Malware
As helpful and sincere as you are obviously being, I'm under the
impression that direct links should be avoided in an effort to stem
the proliferation of malware. Maybe this is an exception to that
suggestion. However, if the OP can't find the free MBAM maybe
they're going to have more trouble and need assisted help. FWIW.
I believe the problem is that on the Malwarebytes site they now offer
the "trial" version or the paid version which would lead most people
to believe that the "trial" version is time limited or crippled in
some way. Actually the trial version is the free version.
This is correct. Sorry for the possibly confusing terminology.
Dustin Cook
2009-03-01 19:59:43 UTC
Post by Kayman
Post by louise
I'm looking to download the free version of malwarebytes and
I can't find it on their site.
Is it still being offered and if so, where might I locate it?
Malwarebytes© Corporation - Anti-Malware
Hi Kayman, while I appreciate your kindness in providing a direct download
link, We do ask that if at all possible you use one of the suggested links
provided on the site. :) Of course, you can download it from us using the
url you provided, but please try download.com or majorgeeks first. thanks.
Kayman
2009-03-02 23:33:55 UTC
Post by Dustin Cook
Post by Kayman
Post by louise
I'm looking to download the free version of malwarebytes and
I can't find it on their site.
Is it still being offered and if so, where might I locate it?
Malwarebytes© Corporation - Anti-Malware
Hi Kayman, while I appreciate your kindness
it's a pragmatical issue, MBAM is currently a bloody good program!
Post by Dustin Cook
in providing a direct download link,
when responding to posts I try to be as short and concise as possible to
avoid ambiguities and confusion.
Post by Dustin Cook
We do ask that if at all possible you use one of the suggested links
provided on the site. :) Of course, you can download it from us using the
url you provided, but please try download.com or majorgeeks first. thanks.
no probs, in addition to the direct link I'll include:
<http://www.download.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html?tag=mncol>
and:
<http://majorgeeks.com/Malwarebytes_Anti-Malware_d5756.html>
in future posts.
If you wish I drop the direct link:
<http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam/program/mbam-setup.exe>
completely.
Hope this meets your favorable reception.
Dustin Cook
2009-03-03 03:25:13 UTC
Post by Kayman
Post by Dustin Cook
Post by Dustin Cook
We do ask that if at all possible you use one of the suggested links
provided on the site. :) Of course, you can download it from us using
the url you provided, but please try download.com or majorgeeks
first. thanks.
<http://www.download.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572
<http://majorgeeks.com/Malwarebytes_Anti-Malware_d5756.html>
in future posts.
<http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam/program/mbam-setup.exe>
completely.
Hope this meets your favorable reception.
Thank you for your cooperation Kayman, it is appreciated.
j***@gmail.com
2019-05-14 20:42:27 UTC
Post by Dustin Cook
Post by louise
I'm looking to download the free version of malwarebytes and
I can't find it on their site.
Is it still being offered and if so, where might I locate it?
MalwarebytesŠ Corporation - Anti-Malware
Kayman
2009-02-27 06:15:38 UTC
Post by louise
I'm looking to download the free version of malwarebytes and
I can't find it on their site.
Is it still being offered and if so, where might I locate it?
In addition to my earlier post you may also wish to download:

SuperAntispyware - Free
http://www.superantispyware.com/downloadfile.html?productid=SUPERANTISPYWAREFREE

David H. Lipman's MULTI_AV.EXE from the URL:
http://www.pctip.ch/ds/28400/28470/Multi_AV.exe
or
http://212.98.39.7/ds/28400/28470/Multi_AV.exe
http://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/2008/01/09/scan-your-computer-with-multiple-anti-virus-for-free/

Kaspersky® AVPTool
http://downloads5.kaspersky-labs.com/devbuilds/AVPTool/
There's no updating involved since the scanning engine is updated
several times a day and you simply download the updated scanner whenever
you want to do a scan.
To uninstall/move this program "enable self-defense' must be unchecked!

Good luck :)
Dustin Cook
2009-03-01 19:57:51 UTC
I'm looking to download the free version of malwarebytes and I can't
find it on their site.
We have and will continue to offer the free version. It's available via
the download links on our site, or by going here:

http://www.download.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.ht
ml?part=dl-10804572&subj=dl&tag=button
--
Regards, Dustin Cook Malware Researcher MalwareBytes -
http://www.malwarebytes.org
j***@gmail.com
http://www.malwarebytes.org
Buffalo
2019-05-29 13:34:37 UTC
Post by Dustin Cook
I'm looking to download the free version of malwarebytes and I can't
find it on their site.
We have and will continue to offer the free version. It's available via
http://www.download.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.ht
ml?part=dl-10804572&subj=dl&tag=button
--
Regards, Dustin Cook Malware Researcher MalwareBytes -
http://www.malwarebytes.org
Hey Dustin,
You back working for MBAM?
Hope so. :)